Tim Winders discusses how he helps leaders redefine success to seek, go, and create the lives they dream of living.
Redefine Success, Redefine Yourself
What if you pursued success only to feel empty inside?
Tony Robbins believes that success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure, and he may be right.
Chances are many people feel stuck in a rut because they are pursuing what someone told them success looks like rather than pursue what it means for themselves.
Knowing your core values, and taking time to redefine success to align with who you are is what Tim Winders does. He works with leaders and leadership teams to create alignment with who you are as and what you do.
Success is more than just what we do in our careers or our businesses. The whole person needs to be taken into account. Otherwise, we may feel like an imposter according to Man Talks CEO Connor Beaton.
In This Episode
- Tim lives in freedom by experiencing the nomad lifestyle across America in an RV.
- When we redefine success, we let go of the paradigms that hold us back from the freedom we want to experience.
- It is sometimes a cataclysmic event in our lives that forces us to redefine success and seek change.
- How Tim went from successful to homeless, to redefined success in 2013
- We may feel stuck in a rut because we are not doing what we were created to do.
- Seeking comfort may not be the aim of life.
- Achieve your success by setting goals in 90-day sprints.
- Take action every day rather than simply stating “someday I’ll”.
- Our goals, vision for life, should be grounded in knowing our personal core values.
- Social media can open us up to risking the comparison trap. Beware comparison. It can distract you from what you are meant to do.
Tim Winders, Host of Seek, Go, Create Podcast
Tim Winders Before
You wouldn’t be able to tell that Tim Winders and his wife became homeless in 2013 when his business came crashing down. It had been built following all the rules and techniques that were acceptable at the time. However, things happened, a recession hit, and everything was lost.
By all the conventional definitions, Tim was a failure. The reality was that they experienced a cataclysmic event in their lives that forced a change for the better.
Together, Tim and his wife redefined success to align with who they are, what they wanted out of life, and let go of the paradigms that were holding them back from the freedom they desired.
By taking the time to redefine themselves and their vision of what success looked like, they now work, live, and travel America from their 30-foot recreational vehicle (RV) nicknamed Theo.
Tim Winders Today
Tim Winders is a Performance Coach and author who specializes in helping Executive Teams and Entrepreneurial Leaders maximize their potential by looking beyond traditional “cookie-cutter” methods that often limit the creative process.
A lifelong student, he thrives on helping people discover how to live outside of the box and walk out their unique God-given calling. In his own life, he has frequently taken the road less traveled, and found great satisfaction off the beaten path.
As host of the SeekGoCreate podcast, Tim goes to the out-of-the-way places to bring you people who redefine success and impact our world in remarkable ways as dreamers, movers, strategists, and connectors.
Redefining success in leadership, business, and ministry.
Resources and Links
You can see Tim’s episodes and video messages here on YouTube.
“Family Honor” The Story of The Real Jerry Dugan – Meg Glesener interview on Letters from Home Podcast
Listen to these related past episodes:
Setting Goals to Achieve Success with This One Powerful Approach – BtR 266, where we discuss how to set goals with “sprints” in mind.
Connect with Us
Facebook Beyond the Rut
Call or Text (469) 608-0355
Host, Editing, and Production: Jerry Dugan
Music: “Oceans Apart” is our theme song composed and performed by Scott Ian Holmes.