Kary Oberbrunner is an author, coach, and speaker who helps individuals and organizations clarify who they are, why they’re here, and where they’re going so they can become a Soul on Fire, experience unhackability and share their message with the world.
That is the value proposition statement of a man on fire for helping people make their own path and live the life they’ve always dreamed of beyond the rut.
In the span of two years, Kary left a good job where he felt only 80% alive to pursue a business that brought him 100% fulfillment. You’ll be a little confused when you hear his story because the job he left was a full-time pastor position with a church. That is a job many people would think brings fulfillment if money were not a factor. Being in business is not about money either. It’s about helping others in a way he couldn’t as a pastor doing things that multiply the impact he has.
After you listen to this episode of Beyond the Rut, we ask that you show Kary the love and read his blog, listen to his podcast, and seek out his advice.
In This Episode
- Guilty pleasure movies of the 1980s
- What made Kary switch from being a pastor to full-time business platforms for publishing and coaching authors
- How Kary turned a side hustle into a full-time business in just two years
- How clarity comes with taking action, and clarity attracts
- What is a value proposition statement, and why it is important for you to have one wherever you work
- Why you should create a one-sheet marketing plan for your business
- Proof-of-sale is the best confidence boost and how your credentials are your results
- How to create a paid coaching program with no gimmicks, just genuinely helping others
- Neuroplasticity, Elixir Project, stretching out of your comfort zones
Resources and Links
Elixir Project by Kary Oberbrunner – buy it on Amazon
Day Job to Dream Job also by Kary Oberbrunner – buy it on Amazon
Steve Job’s Commencement Speech at Stanford University in 2005 – Watch it on YouTube
Connect with Us
Facebook: Beyond the Rut