Why Strengthen Your Marriage?
Brandon and Jerry share ten free tips that you can use on any given day to strengthen your marriage.
Our relationships are in constant flux, and that goes for marriages as well. You either work daily to strengthen your marriage or you let it drift into isolation away from your spouse.
While we discussed in the first episode of our 8-part marriage series that it’s not accurate that half of all marriages end in divorce, it is likely that we did not get into a marriage relationship with divorce as the end-goal. What is likely is that your intention was to truly live out the vows from that wedding ceremony. You want to cherish someone, hold someone, have someone for the rest of your life.
This episode offers up ten ways you can strengthen your marriage every day, and the cost is FREE or very close to free. Why would you not take these free steps to strengthen your marriage?
Here are five of the ten ways to strengthen your marriage we discuss in this episode:
- Leave a note for your spouse that encourages or compliments
- The moment you both come home from work, spend 20-30 minutes reconnecting with each other
- Make a card or gift with the materials you already have at home
- Complain less
- Say “Thank you!” when your spouse does something for you
These tips may seem simple, but it is often the little things that will build trust as we discussed in episode 232. Give this episode a listen and start applying one of their tips today, and to hear the other five tips.
Resources and Links on Dating Your Spouse
- 25 Anniversary Ideas for Couples by Family Life Ministries
- Romantic Summer Getaways for Less by Family Life Ministries
- 131 Creative Conversations For Couples: Christ-honoring questions to deepen your relationship, grow your friendship, and kindle romance by Jed Jurchenko
- Date Your Spouse From Your House: 52 Budget-Friendly Ways to Go Out While Staying In by Sarah Excell
Listen to These Past Episodes
- BtR 232 – Marriage Facts that Offer You Hope, The Good News (Part 1 of a 8-Part Marriage Series)
- BtR 210 – Overcoming Destructive Anger in Your Marriage – Natalie and Mike Hixson
- BtR 047 – Jackie Bledsoe on the 7 Rings of Marriage
Connect with Us
Facebook Beyond the Rut
“Oceans Apart” is our theme song composed and performed by Scott Ian Holmes.